Monday, July 16, 2012

"Thanks for the adventure..."


I was browsing for an image to include in this post regarding Steve Hock. I saw this one and it immediately felt right to me. Many of you have already read about Steve or have viewed his pictures. He, very publicly, fought a brutal fight against melanoma. Now it is time for his next adventure.

Today, July 16, 2012, Steve joined my friends Tina, Randi, and Shawnda. My heart is aching for Steve's family, especially his wife and 2 children. I ask that you send your well wishes, prayers, and love. 

Thank you, Steve, for your dedication to raising awareness against this cancer.  

We will never stop sharing your story. 



*On a personal level, my hometown lost a special volunteer firefighter today.  While riding in the firetruck heading towards an accident, this man was killed when the firetruck wrecked. Please send your thoughts towards this family. He leaves a wife and a 3-year-old little boy. Thank you, David, for your dedication to the community. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

1 comment:

eerye70 said...

I didn't know he had passed away today. I had been following his story on db. His pictures were so real and his faith was amazing. His kids are adorable too. I hate melanoma. Thanks for updating and I love your choice, the new adventure begins.